can we talk about Cabin in the Woods? YES LET US COMMENCE DISCOURSE.
if you’re following me, it’s probably because you have at least a little geek in your blood (rather more likely it’s deep in your BOOOONES like me) and if that’s true, then you will thoroughly enjoy this film. It’s pretty much designed for geeks, more especially for us horror geeks, and it’s crazy fun. My only criticism is a wish that it was a little more scary than fun, but that’s really a minor issue at this point.
What’s this point we are at? A point where the horror genre, especially in film, has been stuck in a sort of endless, miserable drought. It’s been this way for years now…leaving most of us horror geeks to simply watch our favorites over and over again in the comfort of our homes, while sadly shaking our heads each time the newest found footage/remake/sequel with ALL-NEW UPDATED CGI FX!! lurches it’s way into theaters.
And while Cabin in the Woods is more of a love letter to the tropes of horror and not necessarily terrifying, it is quite possibly the most enjoyable and entertaining horror film I’ve seen in quite some time. I really only have one request, and that is for all of you dear friends: GO SEE THIS MOVIE. If Cabin in the Woods can make an incredible profit, there is the possibility (albeit a slim one) that this may sound the death knell for all those tired horror/blarrrrrgh films…because inevitably, studios want to copy success, and if Cabin in the Woods becomes a success, we horror geeks can only hope that the new hot property will be originality and creativity. MY FINGERS ARE FOREVER CROSSED.
YES TO ALL OF THIS.
DOUBLE YES TO ALL OF THIS.
- fumblingthroughchaos likes this
- zombyrave said: this movie did surely rule.
- replicant likes this
- sleepmyprettysleep reblogged this from hello-zombie
- bitchouttahell reblogged this from sheheartsthings
- sheheartsthings reblogged this from anpowell91 and added:
- stillwaterrunsdeep likes this
- samuelasaverb reblogged this from hello-zombie and added:
- b-power reblogged this from white-suburb-impressionism
- thesamewayaround likes this
- ultrapearl said: I can’t waaaaiiit to see this. Comes out May 10th here…:(
- ultrapearl likes this
- dimvisible likes this
- otherson likes this
- visibleman likes this
- evildoers said: Wow i was really specting some feedback on this film (it is not arriving yet to spain so i’ll have to wait for it…) Now I’M UP TO IT… come on!! i want to see it now!! T_T
- evildoers likes this
- thatonegirlcassie said: Evil Dead has company…thank you film gods.
- thatonegirlcassie likes this
- mouseymargotmiserables reblogged this from thatmorganchick
- thatmorganchick reblogged this from jacobzilla and added:
- funeral-beat reblogged this from aplacebothwonderfulandstrange and added:
- anpowell91 reblogged this from aplacebothwonderfulandstrange
- koltron reblogged this from aplacebothwonderfulandstrange and added:
- puffoflogic reblogged this from hello-zombie
- lintelsnacks said: I read about this film a long time ago and I’m planning on seeing it soon, glad to hear it was good!
- consumingangels reblogged this from hellooblivion and added:
- aplacebothwonderfulandstrange reblogged this from hellooblivion and added:
- erindotdotdot likes this
- pelvicthrustration reblogged this from daisycore
- daisycore reblogged this from hellooblivion and added:
- daisycore likes this
- stabmeow said: saw it last night, loved it sooooooo much!
- morrisseysbleedingulcer likes this
- deusexnihilo likes this
- cudge likes this
- hollywood-dreamsongs likes this
- white-suburb-impressionism reblogged this from hello-zombie and added:
- princealiababwaa reblogged this from everythingwentblake and added:
- rocktor-doctopus likes this
- rachelmck likes this
- phantomqueen likes this
- sheizzlegend said: Thank you! I’ve been wondering if this would be any good or not.
- everythingwentblake likes this
- everythingwentblake reblogged this from jacobzilla
- spooky-mania likes this
- ssweatersandbookss likes this
- soggybluwaffle likes this
- crucifixionvomit likes this
- soggybluwaffle reblogged this from hellooblivion and added: